Sunday 19 June 2011

Snot true


Snot ran off my client's nose as the Judge labelled her case speculative and made an outright possession order. She will lose her home.,

She has a bold faux-gold stud in her nostril. I feel a huge sympathy because she has been put under the microscope this last six months.

She came to this country aged 9, now she's 24. She has 2 kids of her own. Legally she isn't allowed to work. Social workers smile at her and cook their books.

She owes four thousand pounds to her landlord because the same social worker who took her kids away forgot to pay her rent.

I stand and explain all the information to the Judge and she says my case is speculative.

Judge, clean up your act. They're already taking away Legal Aid, but I won't put up with this .

1 comment:

  1. How the hell can someone who came here as a minor, presumably not of her own volition, not be allowed to work once they become an adult? It's absurd, and sickening.

    ReplyDelete